Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 15-20 minutes
Total time 20-25 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon oil. I don’t consider using butter for this recipe, because butter has 350 F smoke point and it will definitely get burned
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 0-1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees (200 C)
- Add oil to cast iron skillet and put it in the oven while you’re making your butter.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to blender, blend just until blended. DO NOT OVER-BLEND. You can also use an immersion blender.
- Remove the cast iron skillet form the oven and add the butter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings