Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes-1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 1/2 medium overripe bananas, mashed. I use 2 bananas and 1/4 cup baked sweet potatoes/pumkin, mashed. Optional 1/2 banana sliced lengthwise into strips to cover the batter.
- 1/2 cup oil. I used melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup. No honey until 1 !!!
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour or all purpose flour, 1:1
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice or nutmeg, optional
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup grated walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 F(180 C).
Prepare bread pan with nonstick spray or parchment paper.
In a large bowl whisk together mashed bananas (and mashed sweet potatoes and/or pumpkin if you use those) and eggs.
Add in oil, honey/ maple syrup. Stir till combined.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice/nutmeg.
Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until combined.
Add in grated carrots, nuts and raisins/cranberries.
Pour into prepared bread pan. Layer the banana strips on top. Bake in oven for 50 minutes-1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Alternatively you can turn this banana bread into muffins.Line a muffin tin with liners or spray with a nonstick spray. Pour batter into each cup until it’s 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.