- Preparation time 15 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
Sushi Rice Ingredients
- 1 cup short grain sushi rice
- ½-1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
Sushi Roll Ingredients
- 4 oz salmon, previously cooked, cut into small pieces. I marinated salmon fillets with lemon juice, closed the pan with a foil and baked them in the oven 400 F for 35 minutes.
- ½ lb. shrimp, previously cooked. I used frozen shrimp and cooked in a boiling water for 5 minutes
- 1 package sushi nori
- ½ block of cream cheese (about 4 oz), cut into ½ inch strips
- ½ cucumber, peeled, sliced into thin sticks
- ½ carrot, peeled, sliced into thin sticks
- ½ avocado, sliced
Cook the rice according to package directions (1 cup rice:2-3 cups water).
Mix the rice, vinegar, sugar in a small bowl.
Gently mix the vinegar mixture with the rice, continue until the mixture dissolves. Let cool to room temperature.
Cover the sushi mat with a plastic wrap.
Lay a 1 piece of nori on a plastic wrap.
Place a ball of rice on the nori and spread the rice with a rice paddle or with your fingers.
Leave about 1 inch of nori unexposed on the edge.
Start about 1 inch from the bottom and layer your salmon, avocado/cucumber sticks/ carrots and cream cheese across entire length of the sheet of nori. Do not overfill the nori.
Gently roll and tighten with the bamboo. Be careful to not press on the rice too hard.
Wet your fingers to help the unexposed part of the nori to stick better.
Use a sharp knife to cut your pieces about 1 inch thick. Wet your knife in between slicing the roll.
Cook shitake mushrooms 400 F for 20 minutes. Cut and serve according to the age.
PS: Consumption of raw and undercooked meat and seafood is not considered for pregnant women and children until age 5. Safe minimum internal temperature for fish and shelfish is 145 F.
Find more delicious recipes for babies and more on www.littlegourmetacademy.com