Toddler Favorite No Knead Crusty Bread
With a stress of lock down, I thought I can make some difference by letting people know that they are not alone. This is only a physical distancing and it should never feel as a social distancing for all of us I started to bake some crusty bread to share with my neighbors. I hope that the warmness of the bread will help them overcome the feeling of loneliness.
Makes 2 loafs
- 3 ½ cups warm water.
- 1.5 Tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 5 1/2-6 cups fall purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1.5 Tablespoon oil
- In a large bowl combine water, yeast, sugar and stir until the yeast is dissolved. Wait for 5 minutes,
- Add the rest of the flour, salt and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Allow dough to rise for at least 4 hours or better overnight at room temperature, covered with a kitchen towel.
- Apply light dusting of flour over the dough and divide it in half and shape into 2 loaves, rounding the top. You can also make one loaf, store the unused dough in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
- Apply dusting flour over top and cut a few slashes into top of dough, using a sharp knife.
- Cover the dough and allow to rest for 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450 F with baking stone on the center rack. You can also use any baking pan which can be used for up to 450 F. Place another pan filled with water on bottom rack of oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
If using active dry yeast microwave water until warm for the best results.