Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon sugar or a sweetener of your choice
- ½ cup sourdough starter
- ½-1 Tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, soda, cocoa powder, sugar (or any other sweetener).
- In a separate bowl mix the egg, milk, oil and the sourdough starter. Feel free to use the discarded starter for this recipe.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix just until combined.
- Let the batter rest for about 10 minutes.
- Spray a pancake pan/griddle with a cooking spray
- Pour ¼ cup batter on the pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side or until pancakes start bubbling on each side.LLP
- Don’t add more flour than needed.
- Don’t over mix your pancake butter.
- Let the batter rest for about 10 minutes and you’ll get the best results.