This recipe uses whole oats instead of still-cut, old fashioned, instant or other varieties. Whole grain oats are the healthiest kind to choose because they are not processed. The flaxseeds in pancakes are also rich in fiber and omega 3s. Berries are packed with antioxidants.
- Preparation Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
For the pancakes
- 1 cup dry oats (whole grain oats)
- ¼ cup flaxseed, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 banana
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil, optional
- 1 large egg
- For the fruit compote
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon water
- If your blender isn’t powerful enough, first add the oats into a blender or a food processor, pulse until oats are ground. Then proceed to the next step.
- Otherwise, combine all ingredients, except eggs in ahigh quality blender. Blend until everything is mixed well.
- Add eggs and pulse until combined. After adding egg s always be careful to not over mix the batter.
- Heat a griddle or a nonstick pan over medium heat. Optional, spray with cooking oil.
- Add ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- For the fruit compote I used frozen berries. Add the berries and the water to a medium pan. Cook over low medium heat for 5 minutes. Feel free to add a sweetener of your choice,. I didn’t add any sweetener.