This recipe is pretty easy to make and can be assembled in a few minutes. You can stuff zucchini slices with million different spreads like Greek yogurt, tzatziki sauce…
- 1 large zucchini
For the beet salad
- 1 medium size beet
- ½ cups walnuts, grated/milled
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- Salt (for 2 and older kids)
- Hummus (see my homemade hummus recipe)
- Slice zucchini into thin slices.
- Cook 400 F for 5 minutes or until it becomes easy to roll. If you can make the thinner slices that can be rolled skip this step.
- In the meantime, cook half the beet or cut into small squares. Cook in a boiling water until soft.
- Use a food processor or a grater to grate the beet. Add the yogurt, walnuts and mix until incorporated.
- Spread the hummus or the beet salad on the zucchini slices and roll.