- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups rhubarb, about 2 stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium orange, juiced
- ¼ cup maple syrup, optional
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch, optional
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almond flour. All-purpose flour would also work.
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup, optional
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees F.
- Add the filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl, mix until incorporated.
- Add all the crisp topping ingredients into the food processor/blender, pulse until crumbly. Alternatively you can mix the ingredients with hands or a spoon.
- Pour the filling mixture into an 8×8 inch baking dish. Add the crisp topping.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Remove from the oven, let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
For the chocolate Nice Cream I blended a frozen banana with 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder.
- If using cornstarch, make sure to mix it with orange juice before adding it to the filling to avoid cornstarch clumps.
- For gluten free version use gluten free oats.